Monday, December 26, 2016

Boise Baes



Hey, guys! How was your Christmas? I've been off work and home for a few days, so the break has been nice. I've had a little bit of time to finish a few things I've been working on like revamping my blog (let me know what you think!) and writing this post that I've been meaning to get to for over a month.

At the beginning of November, I traveled to Boise, Idaho, to spend a long weekend with a few of my blogger buds. The trip fell two days after the election, and I was so thankful to get away from real life after such a stressful and upsetting few months.

Boise was so fun to explore–and it was Really Fall there (unlike Fake Fall in Austin), so I was loving the cooler temperatures, colorful leaves, and the fact that I could comfortably wear my peacoat for once. We rented a cute little Airbnb, which Maggie almost immediately lost the keys to, and ate a lot of really good food and had so many cheap drinks (so cheap!). One day we hiked to a waterfall, and the next day three-fourths of us got a tattoo. We went dancing twice, temporarily lost Dillon, and found out that Shelby is a great wingman. Best of all, we had a lot of great conversations and laughed loudly.

I'm incredibly fortunate for a slew of reasons that I hope I never take for granted. The fact that I'm not only able travel, but travel with and to some of my best friends is one of the best parts of my life. My weekend in Boise was so fun, and I can't wait for the next adventure.

-Maggie

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering