Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Three Years


Three years ago today, my mom, our friend Keren, and I towed a trailer weighted down with all of my furniture (and books) to Austin. After years of waiting, months of planning, and about fifteen nerve-racking minutes maneuvering the trailer in the too-small apartment parking lot, Austin was finally, officially my home.

So much has happened in the last three years. I moved from that first apartment to another apartment to a house. I started two jobs (that I still have). I fell in love for the first time and went through my first real, gut-wrenching heartbreak. I met new people and made new friends. I lost both of my grandparents. I went to about twenty concerts. I traveled so many places, new and familiar—but I always came back home to Austin.

I feel so fortunate to call Austin home, to live in a city that feels like it's mine. There have been ups and downs in my life, but my city and the way it makes me feel has remained constant. I'm so thankful for the life that I've built here, all that I've experienced, and all the people I've met. I can't wait to see what else this beautiful city has for me.

Here's to you, Austin. You're constantly changing, but somehow always stay the same.

I love you so much.

-Maggie

1 comment :

Lizzie said...

I love this! I might copy you and make an ode to the Twin Cities. You rock, Maggie.

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering