Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Lately

A lot has happened since my last catch-up post over a year ago, so I think another might be in order. Mainly, there are three big things that happened that I want to talk about. Let’s break it down.

ONE
I got a new job! Or, technically, a promotion at my current company. As of June, I now work in the Employee Development department of my credit union as a Learning & Development Trainer. I’m part of the team that trains all incoming employees of the credit union, as well as internal trainings for branch employees.

Over the course of three months, I applied for the position twice, shadowed the department once, interviewed a total of six times—and was denied twice. But then a trainer moved to another department and I was asked to take their place! Third time’s the charm, as they say. It’s a position that I’ve wanted to be in since I started with the credit union five (five!) years ago, and I’ve really enjoyed the last few months of new challenges and growth. (Also, you should open up an account with your local credit union! Talk to me about why credit unions are better than banks, if you don’t know.)


TWO
We moved! In July, we said goodbye to our wonderful rent house in South Austin, which was bittersweet. I loved that house and was sad to leave it, and sad not to be Melany’s roommate anymore. We lived together for nearly five years, and I miss getting to talk to her every day.

But! It was also exciting for both of us. Dylan and I moved into our own apartment in a neighborhood we really love, and Melany and her boyfriend moved in together not too far from us. It was already fun living with Dylan before, but getting to create a space that’s wholly ours and develop routines and traditions together has been so lovely.


THREE
KaCee and Kyle moved back from Portland! And they got married! And both got jobs at my credit union! They made the trek back to Texas in October (and moved into an apartment literally down the street from mine and Dylan’s), and their wedding was at the beginning of November. Melany, KaCee, and I also got best friend tattoos (which we’re showing off in the photo below) because we’re cute as hell.

Photo by Maggie Grace Photography

There’s been so much more that’s happened over the last year, which I maybe will post about (but also maybe probably not, given my track record). I love going through my social media, pictures, and my journal at the end of the year and making a big list of everything that’s happened, so let’s see if I can actually get that list in a somewhat digestible format in the next week.

In the meantime, Merry Christmas Eve! I hope you’re wearing a ridiculous sweater and eating your weight in sugar cookies right now.

-Maggie

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering