Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 25: Bits

Today, the high was 102 degrees. Summer is fast-approaching, and I am not pleased or prepared.

After I got off work, I drove to the Starbucks on Quaker and picked up a venti nonfat no whip white chocolate mocha in preparation to stay up all night working (again). While waiting at the window for my coffee, I was struck with a random story inspiration that I will hopefully get to write after these next few weeks are over. If I am actually able to finish it (because I am not good at the finishing part of writing stories) and it doesn't suck (it probably will), I will share it with you.

There are these new Dinamita Nachos Picoso Doritos and they are really good. New unhealthy addiction alert.

I am scheduled to work an eight hour and forty-five minute shift on Saturday–fifteen minutes short of getting a lunch. This is the second time this has happened. I am now on a mission to kill all the things.

Last night, I found out the entire series of Star Trek: The Next Generation is available on Netflix Instant. All I want to do is snuggle up and watch Captain Picard be awesome, but I must finish these next three weeks first.

-Maggie

3 comments :

Natalie said...

The tradition at your school sounds funny, actually, and actually well-thought out. Our potential plan, on the other hand, would just be disastrous and end up with marbles rolling all over the floor. And thank you. I know finishing college single is not the end of the world at all, it's just something that's in the back of my mind. You make me feel happy.

Anyway.

102 degrees? That sounds miserable. Your almost-but-not-quite-nine-hours-so-you-can't-even-get-lunch shift sounds even more miserable, though, somehow. I'm sorry. But you will POWER THROUGH ALL OF IT! And then have time to write to your heart's content (and send me things so I can read them) and watch Netflix. Yes.

lina said...

YES to star trek!! :D

Bookish.Spazz said...

Oh my gosh. An 8 hour shift? I'm pretty sure I would kill everyone as well.

Also, yay Star Trek!! :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering