Saturday, May 19, 2018

6 Before 27



On every birthday since 2012, I've made a list of goals I want to accomplish before my next birthday, starting with 20 Before 21 and going up each year. But I've always been really bad at completing these lists. It's not only because there were so many goals to begin with, but I had to come up with more every year and ended up filling lists with goals that were either unrealistic or not that important to me.

I wasn't going to make a list this year, but then I realized that, well, I really wanted to, but also there's not a rule that says I have to set 26 goals. I'm going to cut down the number so I can focus on a few things I really want to do. So, without further ado and even though my birthday was over a month ago, here are six goals I hope to accomplish before my 27th birthday.

01. READ 30 NEW BOOKS.
I got so close this past year! So close! I always set my goal for thirty and can never seem to crack it, but this year it's going to happen.

02. MAKE IT TO 100 CHECK-INS AT CAMP GLADIATOR.
Last year, I set a goal to go to Camp Gladiator twice a week, which was optimistic, to say the least. I thought it might be easier to set a goal I could actively work towards, so I'm shooting for 100 check-ins. With where I'm at now, that averages out to just one workout a week, which is totally doable!

03. PAY OFF MY CAR.
I was hoping to pay off my car last year, but soon after I set the goal I ended up having to pay for $1500 worth of work–so let's hope that doesn't happen again! If I'm able to put a little extra towards the principal each month, I should be able to pay it off by next April!

04. OPEN A ROTH IRA.
I contribute to my 401k through my job at the credit union (and just increased my contribution from 6% to 8%–you should do this too! You won't even notice the difference in your paycheck!), but I want to start contributing to a Roth IRA as well.

05. TAKE A TRIP SOMEWHERE NEW.
This past week I devised a plan to maybe hopefully visit Washington D.C. and Philadelphia in September! It's still very tentative, but I'm already planning all the museums and bookstores I want to go to, so cross your fingers for me.

06. GET ANOTHER TATTOO.
I've known for awhile now that I want to get a floral tattoo inspired by a needlepoint my grandmother made, but I've had trouble finding an artist whose style I liked (who wasn't in Australia). I think I've finally found the right person, but if you have any recommendations for Texas tattoo artists specializing in florals, let me know!

-Maggie

1 comment :

Dillon said...

Maybe you just need to go to Australia?? Just sayin'

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering