Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Lately

As much as I like to label myself as a "blogger" on every social media profile I have, I am really bad at it. Truly awful! And I'm not sure there was a time I was ever good at it—but then again, the definition of what makes a "good" blogger is relative. It's all relative!

So here I am again, after months away, just to say a quick hello and give an update to the one or two people that might read this blog and not actually know me in "real life." (Hello, imaginary people!)



At the end of March, while randomly scrolling through a local shelter's adoption page, I found the saddest dog I had ever seen in my life and thought, I must have her. I brought her home a few days after my birthday and named her Edie.

She is scared of most things, but seems to be scared of less things as time goes on. She is always cold, so she really loves blankets and wearing sweaters and sitting in the sun. She is pretty much always asleep, and she would probably never get out of bed as long as I was there too. She is the sweetest puppy in the world! I love her so much!



Our BFFs KaCee and Kyle (and Gretel) moved to Portland in July. We threw a goodbye party for them the night before they left, which was fun until I started crying towards the end, which made Melany and KaCee start crying too. (To clarify, this was not the first time we'd cried.) We went for one last breakfast at Snooze the next morning where we cried some more and attempted to smother our feelings with pancakes.

The four of us had so much fun living together and we were so sad they were moving out, but we were excited for them too. And it was also exciting because Dylan moved into their room.



Speaking of Dylan, we have been dating for nearly a year (our anniversary is on Sunday!), which is crazy and exciting and a lot of other feelings. He is so silly, sweet, and thoughtful, and I feel very, very lucky to have him in my life. Living with him (and Melany) has been so much fun, and I'm really looking forward to the next year.

There are few more things that I missed blogging about within the last year (namely my trip to San Francisco and my birthday weekend), as well as a few things sitting half-finished in my drafts, that I might go back and post. (They're months old, but who cares! It's my life and it's now or never, you know?) We'll see—but for now, that's all I've got.

-Maggie

1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering