Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Few Things

01.



02. September is my favorite month for many reasons–the main one being the fashion. And with the fashion comes the much anticipated September issues of all of my favorite magazines. I picked up Vogue a few weeks ago, and was very nearly moved to tears by the 900+ pages of perfection I held in my hands. Like, I had a legitimate emotional reaction when I saw the picture below. It is now hanging on my bulletin board. This is the kind of person I am.
03. "Find something you're passionate about and stay tremendously interested in it."
–Julia Child

04. The Color Me Rad 5K my friends and I signed up for was a blast. None of us were physically prepared to run an entire 5K, but the whole event was incredibly laid-back (most people didn't run at all) and we got free t-shirts and sunglasses, so it was great. KaCee somehow managed to get the most color on her even though she didn't run, and Melany barely got any, which is the kind of thing that would happen to Melany.

05. Joy the Baker is a fabulous recipe blog run by a fabulous lady named–you guessed it–Joy. Aside from the delish recipe posts (like, really, so good) accompanied by her funny writing, she has her Notes to Self series. Her most recent one struck a chord. Go read it.

06.

-Maggie

7 comments :

mayte. said...

I thought the "never quit" said "never (c word)".
I saw the pictures of the color run and it looked fun and I like seeing you with all your buddies :D

I hope you're doing great<3

Bookish.Spazz said...

Wonderful complilation of things, as always, Maggie!

I swear. I want to live inside your music library. And that article by Joy was just, so, so, so very true. To the very last bit.

Kendall said...

Ooh, I really want to do the Color Me Rad run when it comes to town, especially now since I'm running regularly. It looks fun!

Also, that last picture is so incredibly familiar to me and it makes me very happy. :)

Lizzie said...

HOW DID YOU GET THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS TO APPEAR LIKE THAT!?

I liked the blog post you linked to; it was inspiring!

I am loving the weather here. The guys are so well dressed it almost physically pains me or reduces me to tears. AND THEIR GLASSES, MY GOD. I could write a whole rave on my own blog about glasses! Hmm...I'm thinking I just might.

I am glad you're doing well. I am supposed to attend a 5K end of this month/(next month?), but I'm just walking it. I'll cheer on my roommate, though!

Anonymous said...

Mmm... recipes. I am hungry. Can't you tell!?

Natalie said...

I very much enjoyed all of the instagram photos you posted from the race. I WANTED TO RUN IT WITH YOU SO BADLY AND COVER MY BODY IN COLORFUL DUST. You guys are so cute and you make me miss my friends from home even more. And you.

Dillon said...

I love you taste in music.
I love that you get emotional over Vogue.
I love that you did that Color Me Rad 5k, and it looks like you had a blast!

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering