Monday, May 2, 2016

Monthly Mix: May 2016

Here we are at the beginning of another month, wondering again how we got here already. Is it just me, or does it feel like the first half of the year goes by so much faster than the second? I'm sure I've said the same thing in reverse before, but I swear it was just New Years!

The weather has been amazing lately and all of Austin has been taking advantage of it, including me. I'm hoping to take a long walk around Lady Bird Lake and go kayaking again in the next few weeks, before it gets too hot (because, unfortunately, that's coming soon). I have been spending many weekends and evenings reading or blogging, listening to music, and sipping cold drinks on various patios around Austin. Here's a mix to help keep the weekend vibes going into Monday.


  1. Water – Ra Ra Riot & Rostam
  2. Taro – alt-J
  3. Someday Soon – KT Tunstall
  4. Bros – Wolf Alice
  5. Look What I Made – Last Good Tooth
  6. Simple Song – The Shins
  7. Lunar Sea – Camera Obscura
  8. Don't Just Sit There – Lucius
  9. Brazil – Declan McKenna
  10. Crawl – Bear Lake
  11. Sedona – Houndmouth
  12. My Only Swerving – El Ten Eleven
  13. Jackrabbit – San Fermin
  14. Coffee – Sylvan Esso
  15. Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse – Minus the Bear
  16. Vagabond – Wolfmother
  17. Tenuousness – Andrew Bird
  18. River – Leon Bridges
I just checked and I haven't posted a mix since about a week after I moved to Austin. (So not only has it been a year and a half since I've posted a mix, but I've lived in Austin for a year and a half, which is NUTS, but I digress.) Despite the name, my mixes have never been "monthly," but even I will admit it's getting a little out of hand at this point. I'll get the hang of this eventually.

Have a good week, all!

-Maggie

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering