Thursday, October 9, 2014

Casual Thursday

Last Thursday, standing in the back office about an hour into my early morning shift at work, I received a life-changing text from my uncle: Forgot that I have ONE ticket to Paul McCartney tonight at 8. If you or you know anyone in our family who wants to go they can have the ticket.

No big deal. Just an extra ticket to see Paul McCartney for the first time in Lubbock, Texas, a.k.a the birthplace of Buddy Holly and the Crickets, a.k.a. the whole reason The Beatles were even called The Beatles in the first place. But, I mean, it's casual.

I had toyed with the idea of buying a ticket when they originally went on sale, but couldn't justify spending the money when I was supposed to be saving for Austin. Now it was the day of the concert and he was offering to just give me a ticket? Uh, hell yeah, I'll go!

The whole experience was very surreal. There was Beatle, in the flesh, right in front of me. (I mean, all I had to do was jump from the balcony, hurdle some barricades, fight off a couple of security guards, scale the side of the stage, and I could have touched him. Sir Paul!) The man is seventy-two years old, and he sang for nearly three hours without a break. I didn't even see him take a sip of water. He is a machine.

It was really, truly amazing. Let me tell you, hearing "Hey Jude" live with an arena full of people singing along is not something I'll soon forget.

-Maggie

No comments :

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering