Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 1: Hello

For your listening while reading pleasure.

It appears to be that time of year again–the dreaded heat cometh. In Texas, there never seems to be the rest of the world's definition of "spring." The temperatures just bounce back and forth between winter and summer for a few weeks, and then summer actually hits and we all catch fire.

Warm weather is not my favorite, if you couldn't tell. Once it gets past about 72º, it's uncomfortable. When people come through my line at work, they comment on the "lovely day" and how it's a "shame" that I have to be inside. Then I tell them that during the summer I literally do not go outside until the sun goes down, and they ask me where I'm from–like I cannot have possibly lived in Texas my entire life and hate warm weather.

The other day, I randomly got super productive and laid out my course schedules for the next three semesters. Unless something goes terribly wrong (like a meteor falls to Earth and lands on me or I get eaten by a shark), I will graduate in December 2013. Having this figured out and knowing I only have three semesters left is really helping how bitter I have been towards school lately.

Then after I graduate, I will move to Austin. So in a little over a year and a half, I will be in Austin working on my Master's in Library Sciences. I think I can deal with that, especially since Keren and Kim will be there come November.

You may remember a few years back when I participated in Blog Every Day April (also known as BEDA) as led by Maureen Johnson. The wonderful Lizzie reminded me of it, and so I've decided to do it again! I am very busy with work and school though, so this is a tentative agreement to participate. If I fail you, I apologize.

I am not promising that any of my posts for the next month will be interesting or particularly well thought-out, but, honestly, when have they every been?

See you tomorrow.

-Maggie

6 comments :

Lizzie said...

I'M EXCITED YOU'RE DOING BEDA AS WELL. I need a partner in crime so you're welcome. :)

Fun. = <3
I hope to see them live at some point during this year, provided they play in The Twin Cities.

Also, I hate the heat too. Much prefer to feel like a Popsicle than sweaty hog, you know.

I think I'll leave you with that mental image.

Bookish.Spazz said...

Girl. I totally get you. Sadly, I live in east Texas so I get a swampy type of hotness. It's not pretty.

Em [The Writer] said...

YAY FOR BEDA! Also yeah warm weather sort of sucks, and I know slightly how you feel because I lived in Texas when I was younger and when I'd go to the playground I couldn't do anything because the playsets were always scorching hot!

Natalie said...

Yay! I think BEDA is designed to be much more quantity than quality so no pressure, but I'm sure what ever you write will be glorious.

Yeah, the weather does that bouncy thing here too. In the past two days it went from 30 to 80 degrees so that's interesting.

Holy graduation! That's so soon, actually, if you think about it. End of 2013. I think that's even sooner than the next season of Sherlock is coming out. Crazy. But Austin sounds amazing, so once you live there I can come and visit, you know. Also once I'm in college in New York you should visit NYC again and then we can frolic throughout the city.

mayte. said...

oh Texas and Texans, how I fear you so.
(except for you, I think you're the only Texan I know now that I think about it, other than extended family.)
2013! yay! that's when I'll be transferring (hopefully) to UC Davis to finish with my BA in history.

Nicola said...

MAGGIE. <3
i am looking forward to your april month of blogging. :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | 2017 © Marvelous Meandering